Adam Cusack is an artist whose practice explores ideas of authenticity and identity in popular culture.
Using a process of conceptual development, photography then drawing or painting to realize the artwork, Adam is interested in showing real things in provocative ways; assembling unrelated objects together to bring about relationships that challenge the perception of the original items.
His creative approach honours the traditional picture plane utilising simple methods, applying charcoal or pigment on the prepared surface.
- 'Ken Done Goes with First Impressions for JADA Winner,' The Daily Examiner, 2016
- 'JADA Winner Flattered to be Chosen by Ken Done,' The Daily Examiner, 2016
- 'Australian Contemporary Art Icons Honoured,' Huxley, 2017
- 'Art Icons Reimagined,' Townsville Bulletin, 2017
- '2017 Montalto Sculpture Prize,' Montalto, 2017
- 'Oak Park Artist Creates Charcoal Drawings,' Herald Sun, 2014