FULL TIME GALLERY ASSISTANT POSITION
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent full-time position, subject to 3 months probationary review.
HOURS: Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 5pm, with presence at evening and art fairs as required.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience plus superannuation
.M Contemporary was established in 2013 and is a leading commercial art gallery representing over 50 artists from Australia and around the world. .M Contemporary remains dedicated to supporting both emerging and established artists in realising their visions.
The gallery comprises of two spaces: a main exhibition space and a second small annex showcasing new and emerging artists.
We are a close knit and dynamic team with excellent relationships with both our artists and collectors. We are looking for an enthusiastic gallery assistant to join the team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be engaging and positive. The role requires a highly organised individual with flexibility, patience and a friendly attitude. The individual should showcase initiative and be solutions orientated. Good customer skills are essential.
The role involves maintaining and updating our gallery inventory system, overseeing the gallery stockroom and liaising with collectors in person and online.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Admin and office management
- Events co-ordination
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Basis graphic design skills (Adobe suite)
- First Aid Certificate (preferred)
- Driver’s license
- Relevant Tertiary education
- General administrative support
- Packing and preparing artworks for shipment or delivery
- General inventory management
- Assisting with gallery install for exhibitions and events
- Upkeep of stockroom, and knowledge of artwork movements and locations
- Oversee all consignment and loan agreements
- Basic stock management on website (WordPress)
- General maintenance of gallery space